[Asterisk-Users] What do you name yours

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu May 12 04:42:10 MST 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 05:40:57PM +0200, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 10:09 -0500, Andrew Latham wrote:
>
> For an internal historical reason all ours come from the legends of
> Robin Hood.  I used to work with a bunch of Lord of the Rings readers
> and all the machine names came from there.
>
> It always makes a good light discussion point.

So far we have only installed singular machines for clients.  So I name them
palantir.  I wanted a good name that I could reuse and it would make sense.
So we have palantir at ourloc.com and palantir at customer1.org and
palantir at customer2.com, etc...

Seemed like a cool thought at the time...

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.