[Asterisk-Users] Making Asterisk run on Mysql backend

Bharat M. Sarvan bharat.sarvan at ezzibpo.com
Thu May 12 04:32:42 MST 2005

Hello there,

                 I have configured my asterisk to run on Mysql backend. But
the Asterisk was unable to pick the peer details from the database. This is
how I configured the Asterisk to run with mysql on the backend.

Edit /usr/src/asterisk/channels/Makefile, change it to enable the
MYSQL_FRIENDS

USE_MYSQL_FRIENDS=1

USE_SIP_MYSQL_FRIENDS=1

cd /usr/src/asterisk
make clean
make
make install

Created the database with the following structure:

CREATE TABLE `sipfriends` (
   `name` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
   `username` varchar(40) default '',
   `secret` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
   `context` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
   `ipaddr` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
   `port` int(6) NOT NULL default '0',
   `regseconds` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
   PRIMARY KEY  (`name`)
 ) TYPE=MyISAM;

And there was no dial tone on the phone. Can you please tell me as to what's
wrong in the configuration and how as to how does asterisk fetch the details
of the peers from the database.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharat M. Sarvan