[Asterisk-Users] Cisco contract for 7940/7960 firmware access

asterisk at marnock.net asterisk at marnock.net
Thu May 12 03:13:40 MST 2005

Maybe not the place for this but thought I'd post the info for others.  I
purchased a cisco 7960 off ebay and needed to convert to SIP for *.  I
know * supports SCCP but I wont go into that here.  I'd read on
voip-info.org that a contract could be purchased for approx $8 to allow me
to download the firmware.  I though, being in the UK, i'd get one through
a reseller in the UK.  What a shock!  Apparently, the $8 ( £5 ) contract
is no longer available and the cheapest contract they provide with
firmware download access is about £56 ( $104 ).

Just like to say thanks to the kind soul who helped me out with the
firmware ( you know who you are! ).  Just waiting A WEEK for the email
from cisco with my contract number and then I'll have to wait ANOTHER WEEK
while they verify the number that THEY are sending me!

Rant over!