[Asterisk-Users] Database of actve calls (as per astguiclient)

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Wed May 11 18:19:47 MST 2005

I have the need to maintain a pseudo-realtime database of active calls
across a number of asterisk servers. The main purpose of this is in
determining where to route calls (e.g. don't send calls to a server with
no free lines) and also for monitoring/recirding calls.

I know that astguiclient does this by telnetting into the * server
management interface ever 333ms and updating a MYSQL database.

Does this place much load on the * server, or the DB server?

Will this sort of model scale to 30 servers, each with 120 Zap channels?