[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Passwords

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:33:15 MST 2005

 Looking at app_voicemail.c with the copy I have here, it looks like
vm_change_password is trying to dynamically rebuild the voicemail.conf
file. It writes a voicemail.conf.new file, and then replaces one with
the other once it's done.

 What version of asterisk are you running?

 Do you get an WARNINGs or any other kind of logging info when you
reset the password? Looking at the code, it's supposed to issue
warnings if it cannot open the old file for read and/or open the new
file for write.