[Asterisk-Users] Satellite Providers

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Wed May 11 16:37:20 MST 2005

Hi,

You need to do 2 things...:
1, install bandwidth shaping, vlan, tos/qos in order to guarantee the
priority to VoIP data
2, check the TX power if it is the uplink that is failing.
3, check your QSPKBER, and both corrected and uncorrected error rates, as
see if there is not some other evil hapenning, that udp doesn't deal with
like tcp does.

I use low cost vsat for VoIP data all the time, and it works fine.