[Asterisk-Users] Status of FAX

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Wed May 11 14:15:01 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 14:18 -0600, mmiranda at americatel.com.sv wrote:
> Hi people, what is the current status of send/receive fax on asterisk
> extensions, i dont want to receive the fax and send an email or viceversa, i
> want to connect a standard fax machine to a Linksys' ATA (FXS RJ11 port) .
> Webdoc?, pointers?
> Thanks

I would like to do the same (not interested with fax to email), just
would like to receive and send a fax on an extension using hylafax or
standard fax.

There is a perfect solution called NVBackgroundDetect application (that
you need to compile yourself); as I don't know when will it appear as a
standard feature on stable version.

I've tried on Gentoo but didn't have much luck.

--
#Joseph