[Asterisk-Users] Group dial, first phone cannot pickup call if included in subsequent steps.

bam bam at cqm.co.uk
Wed May 11 10:15:39 MST 2005

I've tried it on another system and can reproduce the fault at will. It
would seem that the first Dial command is not terminated when the second
Dial includes the first extension.

e.g.

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/1001,10,tr)
exten => 100,2,Dial(SIP/1002,10,tr)
exten => 100,3,Dial(SIP/1003,10,tr)

Will do exactly what you'd expect, dials exten 1001 for 10 secs, then
1002 for 10 secs, and finally 1003 for 10 secs. However once you add
extra extensions it all goes horribly wrong.

e.g.

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/1001,10,tr)
exten => 100,2,Dial(SIP/1002&SIP/1003,10,tr)

This does what is expected, after ringing extension 1001 for 10 secs
extensions 1002 & 1003 start ringing and the first one to answer gets
the call where upon the second one stops ringing. However the following
is nastier:

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/1001,10,tr)
exten => 100,2,Dial(SIP/1001&SIP/1003,10,tr)

After ringing extension 1001 for 10 secs extensions 1001 and 1003 start
ringing but only extension 1003 can pickup the call. If extension 1001
is picked up after extension 1003 has started ringing it is dead as a
dodo.

Is a bug or a feature?