[Asterisk-Users] Phone attached to Sipura SPA-1001 has no ring

Ian Pattison ianp at technologyassociates.ca
Tue May 10 19:12:33 MST 2005

I've had similar issues with TDM400P FXS ports and it turned out to be a voltage issue. According to spec a North American FXS port (whether from your ATA or your telco should generate a 89V, 20Hz AC signal for ringing. Some systems try to use a low voltage ring (usually about 45V) which won't trigger some phones.

Incidentally I have a SPA-1001 and it's giving me no problems.

Ian

>>> mbader at slauson.com 10/05/2005 17:52 >>>
I hooked up a SPA-1001 with asterisk yesterday and all works well except
the phone doesn't ring.
The phone I'm using has a LCD display so I can see the call come in.
(with caller id info)
I can answer and complete the call but it's just not ringing.
The phone rings if pluged into a POTS line so it's not the phone that's
the problem.
I've used the SPA-1001's web interface and the ringer seems to be enabled.
Is there some setting I'm missing?
Or is there something special I have to set up in asterisk?

Malcolm Bader

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: