[Asterisk-Users] MCI does not offer Supervision Disconnect, need alternative

Tim Thompson tthompson at sustain.net
Tue May 10 16:01:53 MST 2005

I'm at a loss (except) to switch Telcos, but MCI says they don't offer
disconnect supervision service on their telephone service.

I have fxsks for the FXO ports using Adit 600 channelbank with digium T1
card.

I am currently running Asterisk Stable 1.0 version.

I have busydetect=yes, but if I read correct, it only applies to fxs ports
Will there be any improvement if I upgrade to a CVS version as far as busy
detect on FXO ports.

I have problems when a person forwards their phone externally from their
regular IAX connection: i.e.

PSTN(Zap FXO) ---> * Box ---> Dial Out (Zap FXO)

When the caller is done, * keeps the channels open as it doesn't know the
ppl are gone.

Any suggestions other than switch providers?

Tim.