[Asterisk-Users] Incoming 800 Number

Christopher Barmonde cb at maculon.com
Tue May 10 10:10:59 MST 2005

We're going to be switching our 800 service soon and I just want to make
sure I have the right idea about what we'll be doing.  Currently it runs
through an Adtran and the lines are just divided into groups in
zapata.conf, but our new service will be pure VoIP.  I'm almost positive
it will be SIP, though I won't know the exact details until later this week.

With that in mind, here are the things I imagine I have to do:

1) Register host in sip.conf
2) Create a client in sip.conf that directs traffic from that number to
the correct context in extensions.conf
3) Possibly modify the current context in extensions.conf to work with
the new setup

Am I thinking straight here?  Would it be possible for someone to give
just a really brief setup of how this would work so I can be sure I'm on
the right track?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.