[Asterisk-Users] zt_rbs errors!?! never seen before.

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue May 10 07:13:43 MST 2005

I'm trying to determine if this is a zaptel issue or a sangoma issue. When I
start our server, it gets to the point where it says "starting wanrouter"
(thats the sangoma drivers) and it just hangs there. Nothing happens. Can't
even use console.

I unplugged the 4 PRI lines and rebooted. This time machine comes up. I
logged in. While logged in, I plug the 4 spans back in. I try a few commands
(like ls, ps) and then suddenly, the machine locks up again.

Repeat but don't plug cables back in. Try 'dmesg'. And I see this:

zt_rbs: Tried to set RBS hook state 0 on channel WPT1/0/1 while span WPT1/0
lacks rbsbits or hooksig function
zt_rbs: Tried to set RBS hook state 0 on channel WPT1/0/2 while span WPT1/0
lacks rbsbits or hooksig function
<snip>
zt_rbs: Tried to set RBS hook state 0 on channel WPT1/0/23 while span WPT1/0
lacks rbsbits or hooksig function
zt_rbs: Tried to set RBS hook state 0 on channel WPT1/0/24 while span WPT1/0
lacks rbsbits or hooksig function

Any idea what this is? Never seen it before. We control both ends of the
PRIs and nothing has changed on the far end.

-Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.