[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Upgrade Path

Pablo Alsina palsina at gmail.com
Tue May 10 06:54:01 MST 2005

Hi

We have been experimenting with different versions of Asterisk, and
found that the path to switch from one version to onother (say 1.0.7
to CVS for example) is somewhat unelegant, at least what we did:
 make
 make install
and replace everything in your system.

When you have problems with one version and switch to another, you
start to wonder that maybe some leftover from a previous version of
Asterisk or/and zaptel libs is affecting the install.

How are you guys doing? We tried to install everything under a
separate directory tree (say /usr/local/asterisk/asterisk-v1.0.7,
etc), but then the asterisk does not "see" the zaptel cards, even if
everything seems to be up n'running.

It would be nice to have an asterisk.spec with each version, in order
to allow a fresh RPM build of each version, and use RPM as an
installer/deinstaller tool. Does somebody have these or tried this
way?

Regards.