[Asterisk-Users] Redirect to an application on other asterisk server

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Tue May 10 06:37:06 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Arjan Kroon [mailto:Arjan.Kroon at mobillion.nl]
Sent: 10 May 2005 14:16
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Redirect to an application on other asterisk
server

Hello,

I'm a newbie in connection several asterisk servers with each others.
I've got the following situation.
I've got 9 asterisk servers (asterisk00 till asterisk08).

When I call to asterisk08 then I want to redirect an application which
runs on asterisk00.
But how can I redirect in an application on asterisk08 to an application
on asterisk00?
Or isn't this possible?

------

I could be wrong but I think you need to change your mind set.

To me it seems like you just mean transfering calls depending on
extensions / dialplan scripting.

For example you could have an asterisk server dedicated to voicemail
only.

So in the case of asterisk08 needing to route to asterisk00 (vmail
server) you just have in the extensions.conf of asterisk08 exten =>
8500,1,IAX(asterisk00,0);

Sorry that's not exact code and probably not a great example as is just
off the top of my head but you get the idea.

Cheers

alex

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in a writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.