[Asterisk-Users] Will Asterisk do well in this application?

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:16:18 MST 2005

On 5/9/05, Tim Litwiller <tim at litwiller.net> wrote:
> Tim Litwiller wrote:
>
> > I have a customer looking for an automated way to provide his
> > customers information.
> >
> > He found some windows software called Active Call Center - but I
> > believe that he did the 40 day trial and it crashed his windows
> > machine to much. So he wants something that can do a similar task
> > running on linux.
> >
> > The Users expierience should go something like this
> >
> > One of his customers calls in the IVR asks for his account number and
> > password - based on that it does database lookups for several reports
> > and reads those back to the customer with text to speech.
> >
> > I'm not sure if the customer should be able to change account
> > information online or not at this point.
> >
> > If someone has done something like this already  Please let me know.

We have, and the one comment I would make is that asking for an
alphanumeric username and password is too much for most people.  A
good combination we found is a numeric pin/password and the phone
number.   It's easier for people to remember, easier to enter, and
then you can also do caller id verification.

Chris