[Asterisk-Users] Will Asterisk do well in this application?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Mon May 9 13:29:18 MST 2005

Tim Litwiller wrote:
> I have a customer looking for an automated way to provide his customers
> information.
>
> He found some windows software called Active Call Center - but I believe
> that he did the 40 day trial and it crashed his windows machine to much.
> So he wants something that can do a similar task running on linux.
>
> The Users expierience should go something like this
>
> One of his customers calls in the IVR asks for his account number and
> password - based on that it does database lookups for several reports
> and reads those back to the customer with text to speech.
>
> I'm not sure if the customer should be able to change account
> information online or not at this point.
>
> If someone has done something like this already  Please let me know.

This is the sort of thing that AGI is great for.  When I was first
starting with Asterisk I wrote an AGI script to ask the caller for their
Zip Code, then connect to weather.com, download the current weather
conditions for that zip code, massage the text, run it thru a text to
speech system, then play the resulting audio file to the user.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120