[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7960 firmware

Ken Seefried ken at seefried.com
Mon May 9 12:34:37 MST 2005

From: "Terry Wade" <terry at isdial.net>

> If memory serves correctly. You need to go from firmware version 3 to 4 to 5
> and then you can jump to 7. or something like that.

I just did this upgrade today.  I went from 3.<something> to 5.0.  When I
tried to go to 7.4, the phone would continually try to upgrade and then
reboot without finishing.  I went to 6.3 without issues, but still couldn't
go to 7.x (same symptoms).

I googled a note that mentioned the continual reboot issue, and said the
solution was to remove all of the comments and blank lines from
SIPDefaults.cnf.  Once I did this, I could upgrade to 7.0 and then 7.4.

Ken