[Asterisk-Users] Caller Name Database

Mon May 9 08:52:55 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 09:50 -0500, Tom Chandler wrote:
> I have set up a "community type server" for Caller Name storage and
> lookup.
>
> IT IS NOT SS7 BASED....(not yet)

So what is it based on? Where are you drawing your data from?

> Currently it supports five switches.  This is a proof of concept.  If
> you are receiving calling number, but not name, and would like to be
> involved in this project, please e-mail me off-list.  tchandle  at
> bayou.com

Do you really want 1000 (not everyone on the list would be interested)
people emailing you? Why not just include most of the details on-list
(unless it is commercial, in which case this should be on asterisk-biz,
not here)

> I plan on running this for about six months, then make a decision on
> use.

On use as in to start charging, or that it isn't used by people so
abandon it, or it is too resource intensive so abandon it?

Regards,
Adam