[Asterisk-Users] asterisk lock up

Tyler asterisk at unixgod.net
Mon May 9 08:43:09 MST 2005

Hi list,

I'm currently running a site with Asterisk CVS-HEAD-03/29/05-14:49:04 in
a small call center environment and it works great.  3 queues, 25
agents, all using Cisco 79XX phones.

Periodically we have a problem where asterisk grinds to a halt and just
stops working.  The problem starts to show when agents can no longer
login to the system.  They enter their agent id and it hangs - they do
not get a prompt for their passcode.  Once the system is in this state,
left unstarted it will start losing functionality (manager interface
stops working, CLI stops responding) until it (asterisk) no longer
passes any traffic until the service is restarted.

Any thoughts?  I see others on the list have had similar problems but
haven't seen any solutions :-\

tf.