[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 20+ asterisk servers together

David Choo DavidChoo at espore.com
Mon May 9 08:02:57 MST 2005

Actually, this is whats facing me right now. I think Dundi will resolve the
problem, but I've never really placed it to the test. Anyone tested Dundi?

Best Regards,

==============================
David Choo
Sales Engineer
Business & Technology Division
"Engineered for Changing Businesses"
Espore Corp Pte Ltd
68 Kallang Pudding Rd
#04-03 SYH Logistics Bldg
Singapore 349327
Tel: 65-6842 2725, Ext - 404
Fax : 65-6842 2724
SIP: 404 at tannery.espore.com
E-mail :DavidChoo at Espore.com
=============================

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor deliver this message to anyone. Instead, please delete this
message and destroy any other record of it immediately and kindly notify
the sender by return email. Thank you for your co-operation.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the context of this message nor can the sender guarantee that
this message is virus free.

             "Alex Barnes"
             <abarnes at ubiquity
             software.com>                                              To
             Sent by:                  "Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion"
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/05/2005 10:26          RE: [Asterisk-Users] Connecting 20+
             PM                        asterisk servers together

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

Am I right in saying this is for remote sites rather than 20 servers for
load
balancing reasons?

As I am about to start hooking up a small number (< 5) sites together
with Asterisk
servers at each site and am not entirely sure of the best approach.

I was thinking of having extensions for each site something like:

1xxx = site 1
2xxx = site 2

then for example server1 would have:

switch => IAX2/user:pass at server2/context

Matching on 2xxx.

But this doesn't sound particularly elegant specially once you start
trying to scale it.
If you do get any other ideas I would be interested to know so that I
can start this
structure out properly.

Again if this is remote sites, how are the phones going to talk directly
to each other, VPN?
Passing the RTP data over VPN direct to the phones will mean you don't
get the
benefits of the IAX trunking to reduce bandwidth which would be a shame.
I would be interested to know how people find VPN's for passing audio,
specially if IPSec etc is being used.  I would imagine the quality is
fairly bad on anything except the fattest of pipes.

Is worth noting call monitoring will force the RTP to the servers
regardless, I don't know
if that's an issue for you?

Sorry not a lot of answers there just questions :-D

Cheers

alex

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for
the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of
Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in a writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity
Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be
legally binding.  Thank you.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: