[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk DIDs configuration

Lee Lee asterisk_newbie at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 06:06:54 MST 2005

Hi all

I have been searching through the mailing list and google, nothing of which i can find that relates to my problem.

Here goes;

i need to create some kind of database on my E1/PRI that store all my 100 DID number, and when * pick up any zap line. It will random pick any one of the unused DIDs and dial.

dont worry about inbound calls, as that E1 is for outbound only

I could used SetCallerID(5125551212) before the Dial command, but than again, 5125551212 will always be shown as CID regradless which zap channel being used.

Someone suggested creating AGI script that calls SetCIDNUM, but i have totally no knowledge in perl or any programming language.

Is there a quick and dirty way of handling this ? ie SetCallerID(SOMEDATABASE)

Thank you in advance

best regards