[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 20+ asterisk servers together

Mon May 9 03:56:32 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 12:25 +0200, Vikram Rangnekar wrote:
> I have 20+ asterisk servers and need to network them together so a phone on
> any of the servers can call a phone on any other server without any trouble.
>
> I can think of IAX trunks between every server. So every server will have an
> IAX trunk to every server and then prefix bases routing in the dialplan for
> each server (I can give a number to each server and use that as a prefix for
> that server). But I think this is a maintainance nightmare and also a very
> bad approch does anyone have any better ideas, Also should the phones be able
> to send rtp between each other or only through the Asterisk server since if
> its through the asterisk server and say an IAX trunk then the max number of
> calls can be controlled right.
>
> Can dundi or the switch statement help me get out of this mess ?

I would think dundi would somehow be involved in your solution, but I'm
not sure as I've not had a chance to play with it yet.

I read a few docs on it when it was first released, but never did get a
decent understanding of how it might be used in the real world.

ie, are we likely to see ITSP's joining their userbase together using
dundi? Is that a useful way to use it, or is enum/something else better?

Is there some generic asterisk (eg iaxtel) system of dundi servers? Is
it scalable to thousands of systems?

etc..

Regards,
Adam