[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 20+ asterisk servers together

Vikram Rangnekar vicky at freebsdcluster.net
Mon May 9 03:25:37 MST 2005

I have 20+ asterisk servers and need to network them together so a phone on
any of the servers can call a phone on any other server without any trouble.

I can think of IAX trunks between every server. So every server will have an
IAX trunk to every server and then prefix bases routing in the dialplan for
each server (I can give a number to each server and use that as a prefix for
that server). But I think this is a maintainance nightmare and also a very
bad approch does anyone have any better ideas, Also should the phones be able
to send rtp between each other or only through the Asterisk server since if
its through the asterisk server and say an IAX trunk then the max number of
calls can be controlled right.

Can dundi or the switch statement help me get out of this mess ?

--
regards
Vikram (http://www.vicramresearch.com)