[Asterisk-Users] Background command noanswer option

Mark morris mmorris36 at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 23:07:50 MST 2005

Hello List,

I am an Asterisk newbie, and I got a question about Asterisk Background
command's option "noanswer":

What is required from the user agent, such as a SIP phone, to be able to
hear the playback without Answer()?

I'm asking this because when I used X-Lite, I could hear the the audio file
but when I used a hardware phone (an ATA in fact) I couldn't hear it. The
ATA supports G711u, which is the codec I set for the peer. Only when I
change the dial plan to Answer(), then Background(file, skip)in
extension.conf could I hear the audio using the ATA. Seems if the channel
must be answered for it to hear it. Is there something required from the ATA
to support the noanswer feature? If so, what is it?

Thank you in advance.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.