[Asterisk-Users] Setting variable for a context for all extensions?

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 06:45:06 MST 2005

> Not entirely sure, but, I wonder what would happen if you define RING
> in the [globals] section first, and the use SetVar or SetGlobalVar in
> the other contexts to override its value.
Be aware that each call as his independant variable space. So if you
"SetVar" for a call, it doesn't affect a variable with the same name
in other call. "SetGlobalVar" is, like its name says, setting a global
variable available to all calls.

Also, when a call is hangup, the first thing asterisk does is
destroying all local variables that belong to this call.

hth