[Asterisk-Users] Setting the jitter buffer in AIX

Bryce W Nesbitt bryce1 at obviously.com
Sat May 7 20:44:34 MST 2005

Are these things possible?

1) Set the local Asterisk jitterbuffer size, but only for a particular
connection.  I'd like to force Asterisk to use a particularly large
buffer in certain cases.  Should I expect this to work?

[general]
jitterbuffer=no
register => username:password at parcelfarce.domain.net	;parcelfarce
register => username:password at iaxtel.com		;iaxtel

[parcelfarce]	;connection to parcelfarce
type=friend
auth=md5
secret=password
context=inbound-from-parcelfarce
host=parcelface.domain.net
qualify=yes
jitterbuffer=yes
maxjitterbuffer=600

2) Set the remote jitterbuffer.  I want to tell the remote Asterisk
that, during this call or part of a call, that a much larger jitter
buffer is OK.  Basically I care more about quality of the delivered
sounds, rather than latency.

3) Monitor the remote jitter buffer discards.  I want to know if my
outgoing stream is breaking up.

Here I am building an information retrival service, so conversational
latency is not an issue.  The remote Asterisk is at a PSTN company such
as VoicePulse, TelAIX or LiveVOIP.