[Asterisk-Users] WIP-5000 and DTMF

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sat May 7 14:04:26 MST 2005

Jim,

My (3) WIP -5000 phones work just fine with DTMF.
I setup the user.ini file to the following and of course the same in the
sip.conf.

Hope this helps. The OpenSip is also in the browser config for the phone...

[OpenSip]
*T1 = 500
*T2 = 4000
; DTMFType - 0 RTP
; DTMFType - 1 INFO
; DTMFType - 2 rfc2833
*DTMFType = 2

Jerry

My WIP-5000 phone is working well with my Asterisk box now, except for DTMF.
All DTMF key presses come across as clipped or just clicks on the remote side.

I had this problem with my Sipura ATA as well, but fixed that by playing with
the settings on the Sipura device.

I've tried dtmfmode=inband and also rfc2833, but neither seem to work.  I
don't see any place in the settings on the WIP-5000 to change its DTMF mode.

Anyone have DTMF working with their WIP-5000 phone?

Jim Meehan
Oakland, CA