[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: HINT

Thorben Jensen thorben at thorben.dk
Sat May 7 07:45:21 MST 2005

You need to put that in whether SIP/201 is recieving or making a call.

This only work for SIP/201 - you will need to do the same for every phone
you have.

thorben

"Julian J. M." <julianjm at gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:a60dba29050507044772c8c83c at mail.gmail.com...
But that only works when SIP/201 receives a call, right?

What if SIP/201 is making a dialout call, does it show as busy in the
phone's keypad?

Julian J. M.

On 5/7/05, Thorben Jensen <thorben at thorben.dk> wrote:
> > Could you please give us some more detail as to what you did, in terms
> > of
> > configuring the hint, and specifically what changes in the behavior of
> > the
> > running server-phone interaction as a result?
>
> You need to set the hint for the phone when the phone is being dialed like
> this:
>
> exten => 201,hint,SIP/201
> exten => 201,1,macro(dial-sip,201)
>
> It's important that you write the full name of the phone "SIP/201" as you
> can't use substitutions like this SIP/${EXTEN} - it took me a long time to
> figure that out.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: