[Asterisk-Users] Transparently Routing German pri through Asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat May 7 06:05:18 MST 2005

On May 7, 2005 08:29 am, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> In much of the world the PSTN dialplan is not that simple.  Yes, a more
> specific dialplan than my _X. exmaple is a good idea, but the USA has a
> VERY simple PSTN dialplan and is NOT like most of the world.

Perhaps I am naive but I don't think that diaplans would be that much more
complex if people matched more accurately at all.  Granted most of my calling
is north american, but there's some south america and germany in there as
well, along with a sprinkle of UK.  None of them would require _X. to match
the vast majority of the numbers in those locations.

I would, however, enjoy it if some people could give examples of screwed up
PSTN dialing matching around the world.  I'd enjoy the challenge of creating
tightly-matching dialplans for them.

-A.