[Asterisk-Users] Transparently Routing German pri through Asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat May 7 05:21:07 MST 2005

On May 7, 2005 05:16 am, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Watch the console and be amazed when _. matches extension "h", which is
> called when the far side of the call hangs up.  You get two calls to the
> same number by only dialing once!  Stop being lazy and at least use _X.
> as your pattern.

I'd suggest stopping being even that lazy and making some realistic matching
extensions.  I have

NXXXXXX for my 7-digit local
1NXXNXXXXXX for my 10-digit LD
0NXXNXXXXXX for operator-assisted LD
011. for international

I have never understood why people are so goddamned lazy that they can't write
out a few exten matches...  but nooooooooooooo they want to over-optimize and
use _. or even _X.

If you want to match phone extensions then match 2XX or 2XXX or whatever your
pattern happens to be.  It's almost NEVER necessary to use such broad matches
as _. and _X.

-A.