[Asterisk-Users] Upgrading to 1.x from 0.7 on Linux

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Fri May 6 19:17:09 MST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 08:02:43PM -0400, Jim Archer said:
> Thanks Walt, that's great!
>
> You just remindedme about something, although I don't know why.  When I
> first set this up, I wanted Asterisk to detect distinctive ring patterns
> and only answer a particular pattern, so that I could share a fax line.
> At the time, it was not possible.  Has this changed?  Will new hardware do
> this?

Yes and no. I had dring setup, but the problem was that I had dring on
both line 1 and line 2, and the code had no way to specify different
contexts on a per channel basis. This has not changed AFAIK. If you only
have dring on one line, and the "fax" number is a dring number (not the
primary number), then I could see it working. Otherwise, probably not.
Dring is really only useful on single ZAP FXO boxes. The SPA-3000 does
not do dring detection on the FXO port IIRC.