[Asterisk-Users] Review Outgoing VM Messages

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Fri May 6 16:49:00 MST 2005

>From looking at the source, I don't see anything that allows a review
without changing the greeting first.

In the function vm_options(), it calls play_record_review() when you
choose a greeting. play_record_review explicity sets cmd=3 with a
comment "Want to start by recording". Command 3 starts recording
immediatly after playing the intro and beep.

There is no option to review first. I think some of this logic is due to
the fact that the same code is used to record callers messages as well
as greetings, and the code is geared towards callers more than greeting
setting. It shouldn't take a whole lot of code to fix this, but it may
be easier to copy the play_record_review() function and create
a specific version for greetings than to fix this one to handle both
cases nicely. It's a pretty short and simple function.