[Asterisk-Users] MWI on Cisco 7905

Pieter Arentz pieter at dotarentz.nl
Fri May 6 14:01:06 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm using a Cisco 7905 (with SIP image CP7905010300SIP050414A) on
Asterisk 1.07.

Whenever the user gets voicemail, the MWI goes on, and when the user
listens to the voicemail, the MWI goes off. However, the phone is
configured (as in the default config by Cisco) to re-read its
configuration from tftp every hour. This 'warm reboot' also turns off
the MWI, and it won't turn on again until the user receives a new
voicemail.

I watched the sip debug output in *, and noticed that * indeed does NOT
send a new NOTIFY command after the phone reloads the config (in fact,
nothing appears in the debug info).

My questions:

- Is there a way to make * poll any or all mailboxes frequently, and
re-send notify-commands to the phones?

- Is it necessary to reboot the 7905 every x hours, as in the default
config provided by Cisco?

- Or is there any other solution to this problem that I haven't thought
of?

>From sip.conf:

[1002]

type=friend