[Asterisk-Users] Web GUI

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri May 6 12:11:17 MST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:54:11PM -0400, Time Bandit wrote:
> > > How can I manage my Asterisk using the web or somehow, since there are
> > > too many configuration files and too many variables…
> >
> > You may take a look at asterisk at home - it includes AMP (Asterisk
> > Management Portal) and other tools.
> >
> > But it will be hard at the beginning, anyway :)
> Or, if you just want a web interface to view/edit the config files,
> you have 2 options :
> 1- install phpconfig :
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+gui+phpconfig
> 2- install AsWeAdTo (Asterisk Web Admin Tool) :
> http://www.marccharbonneau.com/asterisk/asweadto_v_0_0_3.tar

Those are basically glorofoed file managers. You might as well install a
decent file manager on your linux box, or use a decent editor. You can
run an  X client on the station and display it in a remote X server.

You can also edit files remotely via sftp (don't use ftp :-) ). You'll
find many  familiar environments that support that.

However that  approach does not solve the problem that your have to
configure everything in several  places. AMP is one GUI. astguiclient is
another gui. destar  is a third one. Each such gui has to limit your use
of Asterisk to certain flows and methods in order to simplify the
configuration.