[Asterisk-Users] FXO ATA?

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Fri May 6 07:17:29 MST 2005

Folks!

Let me clarify this for you all. ATCOM's ATA does not have an FXO port.
The "Lifeline" port is not an FXO Port. It is an FXS Passthrough port.
It does not have any of the FXO features that you are looking for. You
cannot do a modprobe on this - nor can you pass your peer traffic to
this port.

Imagine this to be like an FXS Port with the Handset offhook and ready
for you to dial a number to call out using your existing analog line.
That's all it does.

This helps you make calls using your existing analog line in case of a
failure in your IP network.

Seshu