[Asterisk-Users] 3 x TDM400P in one PC ??

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Fri May 6 06:27:42 MST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 10:25:24PM +1000, Joerg Wleklik said:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005 22:10, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> > Joerg Wleklik wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anybody have experiences with plugging 3 TDM400P cards in one PC??
> > >
> > If you need 12 ports then you should use a T-1 card and a Channel Bank.
> >
> That would be easy, but......
>
> I have 8 analogue lines incoming right now and changing the phone number is
> not an option (costs for advertising). This lines go right now into an
> analogue PBX. A new building will get IP-Phones connected to an asterisk box.
> The idea is to take the incoming calls in the asterisk, route to the new
> building via IP and serve the old PBX with 4 analogue lines.

That's what the channel bank does.

The other reason you want to use a T1 card over multiple TDM400 cards is
that the 3 TDM cards will generate 3 times the number of interrups, and
likely have interrupt sharing problems. Good channel banks also are
going to be much less prone to have echo problems. You also will have
room for expansion.

BTW, if you went with a new T1/PRI to the telco, you can probably have
your old numbers forwareded / migrated.