[Asterisk-Users] 3 x TDM400P in one PC ??

Joerg Wleklik joerg at wleklik.de
Fri May 6 05:25:24 MST 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005 22:10, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Joerg Wleklik wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Does anybody have experiences with plugging 3 TDM400P cards in one PC??
> >
> > I think about a Asterisk box handling 8 incoming analogue lines and
providing
> > 4 lines to an old analogue PBX.
> >
> > I read a lot about trouble with the TDM400P cards so this idea seams to be
not
> > really god, or?
>
> If you need 12 ports then you should use a T-1 card and a Channel Bank.

That would be easy, but......

I have 8 analogue lines incoming right now and changing the phone number is
not an option (costs for advertising). This lines go right now into an
analogue PBX. A new building will get IP-Phones connected to an asterisk box.
The idea is to take the incoming calls in the asterisk, route to the new
building via IP and serve the old PBX with 4 analogue lines.

Ciao
Joerg

--

Don't PANIC