[Asterisk-Users] IAX hint

Luca Maccarini luca.maccarini at salesteam.it
Fri May 6 01:26:30 MST 2005

Hi all,

            I want to monitor the status of the IAX2 clients connected to my
Asterisk in a way similar to what I do inserting the ‘hint’ special priority
in extensions.conf.

I mean, if I put a line like the one below in extensions.conf I get an
ExtensionStatus event every time my SIP phone changes its state and it’s
really precious for me.

exten => 2000,hint,SIP/2000

The same configuration for an extension bound to a IAX2 client, doesn’t seem
to work.

I can manually request its status with an ExtensionState action, but I’d
like to have it automatically the way it works with SIP.

How can I do? Is there another way for IAX2?

Thank you very very very much

Luca Maccarini

PS. My not working IAX2 conf

exten => 2004,1,Dial(IAX2/2004,20,tT)