[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problems with TDM400P card

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Thu May 5 23:05:44 MST 2005

{clip}

I also observe this spiking behavior with a t100p and cvs-head. I'm running kernel 2.6.11.8 with the realtime patches applied and see the cpu time going to the kthread servicing the interrupt that t100p is on (IRQ 9 in my case), with or without asterisk itself running. This occurs even after raising the priority of the IRQ 9 kthread to the highest priority process.

However, this on its own doesn't noticeably affect the audio - small timing defects on the T1 can usually be noticed by dialing into a milliwatt() target on the problem box across that link. That said, perhaps the jitter is too slight to hear on a 1004hz sign wave and needs a T1 analyzer to detect properly.

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District