[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problems with TDM400P card

Thu May 5 22:53:07 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 12:11 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On May 5, 2005 11:13 am, Mike Mueller wrote:
> > > Couple this with the fact that the driver now seems to pull 100% CPU
> > > every 5 seconds or so and it didn't before and I think we have a good
> > > case for there being something weird in the driver that is causing frame
> > > slips or other weirdness that is generally not audible for most people
> > > but wreaks havoc even for G3 or ECM (I think that's the term for
> > > error-correcting fax) fax machines.
> >
> > As measured with top?
>
> No; vmstat 1, without anything (not even asterisk) running.
>
> Driver unloaded: no spiking.  Driver loaded: spiking.

Of the three machines running asterisk just now, none of them display
this 'spike' as described. This was while asterisk was running etc as
well.

Anyone with a spare machine, who is having this problem, would like to
allow me to login, and make whatever software changes to make it similar
to the systems that I build, and then see if it still happens??

These three machines are:
1) server class motherboard with dual AMD Athlon XP CPU with X100P
TDM400P and TE410p
2) server class motherboard with intel PIV single CPU with TDM400P and
TE410p
3) desktop class motherboard with AMD Athlon single CPU with TDM400P + 2
x Fritz PCI + chan_capi

ie, 3 totally different motherboards, 3 different sets of PSTN cards,
etc... and none of them have problems. Am I just lucky ??

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers