[Asterisk-Users] FXO ATA?

Jon Gabrielson jon at directfreight.com
Thu May 5 19:56:06 MST 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 05:28 pm, Joseph wrote:
> It has 1-FXS and one 1-Life Line (it is pass through type)

I've seen the pass-through term used alot and
I'm not quite for sure what that means.  What is the
difference between a passthrough type and a regular
FXO.  What can you do with one that you can't do with
the other?  I noticed that the wiki says  that the handytone 486's
lifeline FXO port is not usable via SIP, only used as a fallback
for power failure.  Is this considered a passthrough or are
there 3 types, pass-through, lifeline, and full FXO.

Thanks,

Jon.