[Asterisk-Users] Opinions on Cisco 7960G, Polycom IP-600, and Snom 360

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Thu May 5 18:44:32 MST 2005

Dan

I've had a snom 360 "on the bench" for about 10 days now.  I too have
become dispondent with Cisco's licencing structure

The snom 360 provides the majority of the high end Cisco features you
would use 99% percent of the time, it doesn't have the flexibity of
the on-demand buttons around the screen, but neither does it have a
(IMHO) over complex settings file that the ciscos and polycoms seem to
suffer.

As it stands today, there are a few minor bugs in the firmware (sadly
noted in the username / password login wizard) but nothing show
stopping, which I feel is impressive given the phone is only a few
weeks old (to the public).

I have just posted another post asking for help regarding its
provisioning (i'm useless at php), as it doesn't keep its settings for
more than a few minuites without power

At its price point, it seems a bargain for its power and flexibilty.

I have been sent a pre-release of its manual (in its very final draft)
which should be freely availible within the month.

If it had the abilty to save its settings unless you did a reset, I
would recomend it beyond doubt, as it stands its going to take a lot
to beat it

The softphone (if you have a windows pc) gives you a feel, but doesn't
do it justice.

If you have a few php skills, you help woluld be greatly apreicated -
please see my other post :)

Regards

David