[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 2 * Together-Pulling hair out

David Phelan david at blueridge.com.au
Thu May 5 16:09:53 MST 2005

I Had the same Problem as you did...
I used the following from the list as a template and Setup up my dial Plan
Accordingly...

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-September/062564.html

Hope it helps.

Dave

Chris wrote:

>    I haven't gotten to keys yet.
>The documentation out there doesn't seem to be very good.
>
>Chris

and NAT.  You will need to allow UDP 4569 through the firewall for IAX2. If
you have NAT you will need to redirect 4569 to the internal server.

>>>   I would suggest using AMP and then looking at IAX_ADDITIONAL.CONF to
see how it's done. You can modify the IAX.CONf because I don't believe AMP
rewrites that file.

>>>   I think the user and passwords are required.   I would suggest using a
strong password or someone may decide to make a few phone calls.   After
this you will need the routing in Extensions.conf to allow calls to be made
on this trunk.

>>>   Asterisk will handle the SIP > IAX.    All my clients are SIP and they
have no trouble going over a IAX trunk to other SIP devices on the other
server.

>>>This is what my IAX_ADDITIONAL.CONF looks like
>>>
>>>SiteA - Dynamic IP
>>>--------------
>>>[boxb-peer]
>>>username=boxa-user