[Asterisk-Users] Newer Dell Servers + TDM card

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Thu May 5 14:01:31 MST 2005

There is a thread in dev or biz about this too.  A guy got referred some
motherboards by Digium he can't get easily in Australia.

I'll second that the DL380 G2 seems to work, I'll know more in a few months.

The common thread seems to be either a serverworks chipset or more
specifically, a chipset optimized for PCI bandwidth - two or three separate
PCI buses with a bus dedicated to the Digium card.

I asked the following to Digium about the new Asterisk Business Edition

> Will there be a recommended hardware platform or reference system?

Yes, two servers are being used for the initial certification, a Dell
PowerEdge and a HP/Compaq.

They recognize people like or are restricted to Dell and HP/Compaq.

-Nate