[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Images

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu May 5 13:19:20 MST 2005

They would also be competing indirectly with themselves(Cisco and Avaya
license their technology in their phones). But the real reason comes down to
support. I've been following the Polycom/Asterisk thing for 2 years now and
it really comes down to the fact that they do not want Asterisk users
calling them. They want them to call the person that sold them the phone,
but usually those resellers have no idea where to get the firmware or they
aren't authorized by Polycom to give it out. There are a few resellers that
do have a clue and can get you the firmware. You can probably post to the
BIZ list to get a hold of a reseller that will help you.

MATT---