[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 2 * Together-Pulling hair out

Chris listmail at odisok.net
Thu May 5 13:10:13 MST 2005

    I have something similar.  Both of my servers are behind a firewall and NAT.  You will need to allow UDP 4569 through the firewall for IAX2. If you have NAT you will need to redirect 4569 to the internal server.

    I would suggest using AMP and then looking at IAX_ADDITIONAL.CONF to see how it's done. You can modify the IAX.CONf because I don't believe AMP rewrites that file.

    I think the user and passwords are required.   I would suggest using a strong password or someone may decide to make a few phone calls.   After this you will need the routing in Extensions.conf to allow calls to be made on this trunk.

    Asterisk will handle the SIP > IAX.    All my clients are SIP and they have no trouble going over a IAX trunk to other SIP devices on the other server.

This is what my IAX_ADDITIONAL.CONF looks like

SiteA - Dynamic IP
--------------
[boxb-peer]
username=boxa-user