[Asterisk-Users] FXO ATA?

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu May 5 11:33:50 MST 2005

[snip]
> Nothing really can touch the sipura's for features, ease of use, and
> their very good documentation.  Even if there was another product for
> half the price I would probably still use the spa-3000.
>
> Chris

Indeed SPA-3000 as a lot of features, maybe too many :-).  My asterisk
is controlling everything so most of these features just complicate the
setup.  I've one SPA-3000 and have on order AG-168VE from ATCOM.

The AG-168 supports IAX2 and the FXO port is "pass though" type.
The difference is that SPA-3000 answer the phone and rings asterisk (the
phone at this moment has been answered the ringing party is incurring
the charges before asterisk answered the phone), the AG-168 is ringing
the asterisk directly, so I think the "pass through port" is a benefit
in this case for asterisk users.

--
#Joseph