[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice "Issues"

Anonymous Account 031547 at sfga.net
Thu May 5 08:01:11 MST 2005

All,

Someone in another thread suggested that BroadVoice reads this forum
-- I hope so.  I am a prospective customer, only inasmuch as their
advertised rates are so attractive.  But as a consultant it will be a
cold day in the Ether before I recommend them to a client of mine
until these "issues" are cleaned up.

It's difficult, very difficult, for a newcomer to this technology to
figure out who is a reliable provider and whether companies like
BroadVoice are a flash-in-the-pan, here today - gone tomorrow, take
your money and run, outfit or whether they are just having growing
pains.

The repeated outages are unacceptable.  If they are planned then they
should have the professionalism to send every customer an e-mail
advising of the outage BEFORE the outage.  They should also put a web
page up notifying customer of planned outages, loads on the proxies
(latencies) and other information a business who was dependent upon
their services would need.

Finally, to BroadVoice, I say, if you want my business then clean up
your act and do so promptly.  Otherwise the VoIP community will just
dismiss you as another provider wannabe.