[Asterisk-Users] Freak incidents, who's to blame?

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Thu May 5 07:05:49 MST 2005

On 3-May-05, at 9:16 PM, Henry Devito wrote:

> Nortel and Toshiba and so on help eliminate this by routing
> outgoing calls starting from the highest trunk backwards and
> incoming calls of course start from the lowest trunk and work upward.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this.

Just to add closure to the discussion, Zap channel groups support
this "hunting" by use of a group number prefix in the dial cmd:
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+ZAP+channels

Dial(Zap/g2...): Looks in order 1, 2, 5, 8
Dial(Zap/G2...): Looks in order 8, 5, 2, 1
Dial(Zap/r2...): Looks in order 8, 1, 2, 5
Dial(Zap/R2...): Looks in order 2, 1, 8, 5

(I was previously only aware of "g").

Thanks
Ryan