[Asterisk-Users] Realtime and Asterisk Database

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Thu May 5 05:17:53 MST 2005

I've read on the wiki that the Asterisk Database is mainly (or only)
used for manipulating the dial plan (e.g. extensions.conf). I know that
RealTime can be used for much more than that (i.e. sip.conf, iax.conf,
etc).

My question is: if I had two management applications, one that uses
RealTime and one that uses Asterisk Database, and all I wanted is to
manipulate the dial plan, which would be more efficient/recommended to
use - RealTime or Asterisk Database?

Thanks,
Daniel